Flock Mail offers a true business-class email. We provide a simple and easy to use interface available across various platforms with some cool features like better backup, higher delivery guarantees, premium features like Integrated video calling, email tracking, and many more.
For installing our iOS app, you can refer to this link: https://apps.apple.com/app/flock-mail/id1435996267
However, if you wish to use Flock Mail on a Third-Party application for your iOS device, you can do so by following the simple steps mentioned below:
Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap Accounts & Passwords.
Tap Add account:
Tap Add account.
|alert-warning||For this process, you are required to know the email settings for your account. If you don’t know them, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org|
- Select "Other" as the account type.
Tap Add Mail Account:
- Tap Add Mail Account.
Enter your account details:
- Name: this will be visible as the sender. (Ex: Flock Test)
- Email: the address you want to add. (Ex. John@test123.com)
- Password: you use it to log in to Webmail.
- Description: a name for the account on your device. (Preferably Flock)
- Tap Next to continue.
- Tap IMAP as the account type.
|alert-success||You can find the POP and IMAP configuration of FlockMail here|
Tap Next to continue.
Enter your server settings:
Save the account:
- Disable syncing of Notes, if this is enabled. Tap Save.
Your FlockMail account is All set! Further steps are to ensure your email works accurately.
Tap the account you added:
- Tap the account you just added. You can recognize it by the description.
Tap your account again
Tap Advanced, at the bottom of your screen.
Check if the Mailbox behaviors are set correctly. These settings determine where your emails are saved.
You need to select the following folders on the server:
- Drafts mailbox: Drafts
- Sent mailbox: Sent
- Deleted mailbox: Trash
- Archive mailbox: Archive
|alert-warning||If the folder is not listed, log in to Webmail and place an email in the folder that is not available. Once done, try again.|