An important step in getting your email setup, is setting the right DNS records. The article below will help you understand about these records and how you can get them setup
MX records - why they are important?
MX records (Mail Exchange records) are important DNS records that are required for delivering emails to your email address. MX records help in identifying where emails sent to your email address (and your domain) get routed to. You will not be able to receive emails until your MX records point to the right location.
If you have bought your hosting package form Namesilo, and are facing issues with sending or receiving emails, here are some steps to help you fix this issue.
If you purchased your domain from Namesilo
If you purchased your domain from Namesilo and went on to setup the hosting package through Namesilo, your MX records are set by default. You can start using your email without any issues.
If you are still facing issues, or if your Flockmail email client throws an error when you try to send an email, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your domain is with another registrar
If you bought your domain from another registrar, you have to update the DNS settings in your registrar’s DNS zone.
Click on the domain host from where you have bought your domain from the list below for detailed instructions on updating the DNS settings
If your domain is registered with any other registrar, you may follow these steps(or forward them to your webmaster/techie friend): Log in to your account on the domain registrar's site.
- Navigate to the DNS / Domain Management Page/ DNS Control Panel in your admin page
- Find the MX Records/ Email Servers/ Email Settings option
- Add OR Replace the following MX records to your domain
- Set the Name/ Host field as either @ or leave it Blank.
- Set the Value/Points to field as mx1.flockmail.com
- Set the Priority field as 10
- Set the TTL value to 1 hour or 3600 seconds.
- Repeat the above steps for all entries in the below table
|10||@||mx1.flockmail.com||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
|20||@||mx2.flockmail.com||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
- Also, add the following SPF record to your domain
|TXT||@||v=spf1 include:spf.flockmail.com ~all||1 hour/ 3600 seconds|
Feel free to knock on our door by writing to us at email@example.com in case you need any assistance with configuring these records.